Sunday, August 2, 2009

Happy fourth (on the fifth)

Better late than never???
As you may have guessed from the title of this post, I actually started writing this almost a month ago. I think I tried to upload pics and had trouble. It took me a little while to get back to it... Oh well, la la (as Denise would say).
Hope you all had a great Independence Day. Friday I spent the afternoon and much of the night at the local scrapbooking store at crop night. We had so much fun! Kimberly had given some of us a list of 20 card challenges. Over the weekend I think I did 15 of them...not too bad if I do say so myself. The Crafty Pig played along from a ski lodge somewhere out west, and Debbie from Hot Springs. We had a great group of ladies at our table at crop night. They kept us laughing the whole time. I was amazed by some of the pages that were created---GORGEOUS. Literally, works of art. I'm so intimidated by scrapbooking! I'll stick with the much smaller, less intimidating forum of card making. Since I was so productive, I think I'll stretch these cards out to a few posts over the next week. That way it looks like I'm a more consistent blogger...not!

This card was made with a stamp set that I actually gave Kimberly (is that an issue if the gifts I give end up benefiting me???). Sorry, I don't have the details on the company. I do remember that I bought it at Michael's. Love this tree!

Recipe: Stamps-unknown set from Michael's
Ink: PTI Dark chocolate
Cardstock: PTI Kraft, Pure poppy, vanilla
DP: K&Co Wild Saffron collection
Buttons: PTI vintage

Oh how I LOVE this little dress image! The challenge on this card was to make an all black and white card. I love how it turned out. The dress is paper pieced with flocked paper---kind of transports me back to our entry way wall paper growing up.

Reicpe
Stamps: Retro Boutique Rupe Shevde for Gina K. Designs
Cardstock: PTI black and soft stone
DP: Cocktail Party and Dinner with Friends by Daisy Bucket Designs, 1940 beetle black chenille cardstock by doodlebug design inc.

Now that I've finally gotten Blogger to upload some pics, I'll go ahead and pre-schedule some posts.
Hope you have a great week.
Happy crafting!

1 comment:

Debbie Nelson said...

Your cards are soooo cute!