I got an extra day off today which gives me a four day weekend! Woo hoo! So what to do with an extra day??? It rained (we so needed it), so I had to have a little nap. Also, that freed up a guy to come put up a ceiling fan (in the room where the light fixture was was off to one side). What he discovered in the ceiling was wood slats (he described it as having hard wood floors, but on the ceiling) covering up a plaster ceiling, above the drywall ceiling that we see in the room today. The wooden slats had shrunk over time, and someone had put concrete mortar between the slats. So the project wasn't quite as big of a deal as we thought it might be
Here's the new fan, and kind of behind it you can see the whole where the old fixture was. Hopefully my painter guy can fill that in. I'm not sure what we'll be able to do to mimic the new texture.
I also tried my hand at the color challenge over at kwernerdesignblog.com. I substituted PTI summer sunrise for SU summer sun since I didn't have any summer sun. Once I had completed the whole thing, I realized I had left out one of the challenge colors (pumpkin). Oh well, here's the card.
Recipe: SU basic black cardstock, PTI bitty baby blessings DP and summer sunrise grosgrain ribbon, SU chipboard stars covered in rose DP, Making Memories shimmer stickers.
Thanks for dropping in!