Friday, July 25, 2008

Organization!

Several years ago I saw an episode of The Christopher Lowell Show (remember him?). He showed how you could use a door across two saw horses as a desk. I made my version of the desk, complete with a faux painting technique. He even showed a picture of my desk during his letters from the viewers segment...y'all didn't know I was that famous did you? This has worked well for my computer desk for quite some time. I had been using this small 4ft X 2.5 ft table as my craft table along with an iris cart and some bins for storage. In the midst of all my household projects I got the idea to use my big computer desk for the craft desk...lots of room to spread out, but still no storage. I found the greatest file cabinets/drawers at Target. http://www.target.com/Coastline-3-Drawer-File-White/dp/B000MRD5A8/ref=sc_ri_1/602-3922306-9809428 They had free shipping so I had them sent right to my house (which was really smart because they weigh 60 lbs each). The first one took me almost 2 hours to put together, but the 2nd only took an hour. I think they turned out pretty good. I may have to get a couple more of these for my computer desk. I put them in place of the saw horses and VOILA:

As you can see, there's still lots of stuff that needs to find a better home underneath, but this is great for starters. My first task once I got my new desk set up was to put my paper in the file drawers. I love these little labels for my SU paper that I got on Ebay a few years ago. I will need to get some more folders for all my PTI paper.


Here are a couple more cards I made yesterday:

Recipe: Cardstock SU wild wasabi, Stamps SU Happy Everything, DP and buterfly sticker K and Company Wild Saffron collection, ribbon PTI dark chocolate.

This next one was my try at Taylor VanBrugen's sketch challenge a few weeks back. I must be hungry for neopolitan icecream with this color combo.

Recipe: Cardstock PTI dark chocolate, DP Making Memories Comopolitan Collection, Stickers Sandylion Essentials, sentiment SU Sincere Salutations.

Have a great weekend, and go make something!
Lisa

4 comments:

WildtreeTina said...

Love the desk! Isn't it great when we can reuse? The cards are wonderful too. The birthday card is stunning. Nice job!

Jennie said...

That pink and brown card is gorgeous!! I love everything about it :)

Carmen said...

I miss Christopher...great cards.

Ozzie's Greeting Cards by Tanja said...

I love this card especially the flowers